Sunday 28 April 2013

what d'ya fancy doing today?

Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?” 
― Mary OliverNew and Selected Poems


This question has lodged it's vibration in my mind, making me halt and think about the unnecessary clutter that litters my mind.
It opens so many doors for daydreaming.

I literally get quite high with imagining that I can board a plane to exotic paradises, feel the wind pull at my hair, adrenaline surging through my body as I sail the high seas, hang out, dream, bask in the sun, be with my children wholeheartedly 100% without my mind wanderin' over to more mundane places. To jump in the car, plane, spaceship and see far-flung friends and family, to paint, write, sing and dance. To eat well, laugh a lot, to be free and live on a 'what d'ya fancy doing today basis'.

To be the first in the queue.

And I look at all this and know how possible it all is.

It's nothing I haven't done before.

I'm learning to calm my destructive mind that I 'should' be working, looking after others, writing letters home, making oodles of money.
When the world keeps spinning and I can't jump off, when dreams are slipping and I need to hold them up, I think of this verse and know it's alright.

To live in the higher vibration of joyfulness and love enables all this to come to me and more. It sets dreams in motion, excitement and lightness of being in place and calms the ego into submission.

To just be and see what unfolds, to follow the path of freedom in which ever form that takes.
Today it's writing, yesterday; playing with children in muddy waters and stormy seas. It may be work; a lunch break filled with endless possibilities pulsating joy through the blood. Flicking through You tube posts, hearing a joke, watching a puppy play, a child smile, an elder give a nugget of wisdom from the past.

"I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable and beautiful and afraid of nothing as though I had wings.” 
― Mary Oliver

To live as if I had no worries, financial freedom and joy at my fingertips creates pockets of bliss, freeing my mind from restrictions, shoulds and must do's.

I will write this verse out and put it up in unlikely places of my home, prompting instantaneous daydreaming and in the twinkling of an eye my visions will be my reality.



No comments:

Post a Comment