Saturday 5 April 2014

the rhythm of Life

Rhythmic dancing






Three months into crash-landing into our new nest in the trees, carrying the wonder condition known as TMJ, stopped me in my runaway flight path. Looking into this dis-ease created insight into what I already knew. It was time to lay aside the non-stop nurturing to all and sundry and start looking after my beloved me.

Who was me?

It’s been a while since I played with her!

Almost a decade into attachment parenting with three children … and all that comes in the package of baby-wearing, co-sleeping, long term breast feeding, child-led unschooling, natural birthing, eating and living, it was easy to fall into the trap that that was me.

All of me.

But becoming disabled by such a painful condition led me back inside myself as bedtime was before the children’s, meals were avoided due to being unable to chew, headaches allowed me to put down my books, computer, friendships and consult the inner child.

For weeks on end.

What a positive outcome!

Boxes left to unpack themselves, a home used as a camp ground, I got into the more pleasureable task of what used to make me tick. 

What fired me up, coursed electricity through my skin, encased me in bliss and contentment.

A few things came up … and one of those loves of my life has now materialised into my week, honouring me and the hungry child within.





Dance.

I LOVE to dance.

It releases unwanted emotion, collects bliss and creates a harmony I have yet to find in other places. 

I will take any form …zumba, disco, dance parties or aerobics. 

But I have found the most expressive form for me as last night a clutch of our community came together in a wave, dancing to the five rhythms.

Wallowing in the warm, calm waters of stretching and fluidly moving our bodies to the beginning of a sequence of music that peaked with its white maned horses crashing us through the dance studio.

The sun setting over the Bay’s pulsating waves below us, the trees gently enveloping us into their own production, collectively moving to the rhythm of the wind, allowed me to reach deep inside and, without voyeurs lurking in shadows, explode with an energy that was needing to fly from within and radiate out to a collective energy force encircling the room in a crescendo of life.


Being brought back to earth calm, filled with energy and with smiles that had been seductively stretched across our faces, my friends and I returned up the hill, crashing our way through the absolute darkness of thick native bush feeling every bit myself, content and well exercised.





No comments:

Post a Comment